Immigration to the USA: What You Need to Know

Immigrant Green Card

There are two types of visas to enter the United States – the immigrant and non-immigrant visas. Non-immigrant visas are meant for people who visit the United States on a temporary basis. Tourists, medical patients, professionals and students need this type of visa to visit the US for a short span of time. An Immigrant visa permits the individual to stay in the US and work there on a more permanent basis.

Consult professionals

If you want to live and work in the US, you need to get an Immigrant Green Card application. Buhler Thomas Law, P.C. advises that it is best to consult immigration lawyers specializing in immigration and marriage Green Card applications in Utah and other places. They will make sure that there are no errors in your application. Mistakes in the forms can complicate the issue during the process of evaluation of the Green Card application. The USCIS has a definite set of rules that must be followed strictly, and if you fail, the application will be either denied or delayed. Here are some common mistakes to avoid.

Incomplete application

You should fill the application form completely with correct information before filing it with the authorities. Certain documents such as a marriage license, birth certificate and other letters of verification from employers might be required for submission. It is better to submit as many documents to strengthen the application and quicken the process.

Wrong category and non-English documents

If you submit documents of another language, then you should attach an English translation with it. This English document need not be an official one, though. You should also make sure that you apply for the right category. Check your eligibility for a particular visa form so that your application goes to the right visa type. Immigration forms, rules and eligibility rules change over time, so it is best to consult with immigration lawyers and other authorities before you begin the application process.